A burger is one of the “Fast food” dishes that are loved by most people, especially young people, because of its delicious taste, eye-catching colors, and extreme convenience. You can use hamburgers for breakfast, lunch, snack, or dinner.
Instead of going to the store to buy a burger, you can make your own at home. In today’s article, we will guide you all about ingredients, how to make them, and tips when cooking frozen turkey burgers in an air fryer at home.
How Long To Cook Frozen Turkey Burger In Your Air Fryer?
Source: Recipe Maker
Depending on the temperature of the air fryer and your taste, it only takes about 10 to 15 minutes to make a frozen turkey burger. It would be best if you did not cook longer; otherwise, the cake will burn and stick to the pot, which is very difficult to clean.
To cook a frozen turkey burger, you will need the following ingredients:
- 354.6g ground turkey
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small bottle of mayonnaise
- 1 small lettuce
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- 1 cucumber (sliced)
- 2 slices of cheese
In addition, you can also prepare more ingredients for the crust if you want:
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 4g yeast
- 3g fine salt
- 20 g eggs (beat the whites and yolks together and take 20 g)
- 130 g fresh milk.
Because the air fryer has so many functions, you can make your crust at home if you have a lot of time. So, in this tutorial, we will show you how to make the crust and the filling.
How To Make Crust
- Mix all ingredients, cover the dough and let it rest for about 10 minutes. Then take out the dough and knead until the dough is smooth; stretching the film is achieved. Incubate the first time until the dough has doubled in size (about 60 minutes). Next, take the dough out, press the air bubbles, and shape it. Divide the dough into 2 balls and incubate a second time for 30 minutes.
- Turn the air fryer to 170 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes to heat up. The cake will be baked for about 20 minutes.
- When the cake has risen to 70%, spread a layer of water or egg on the surface of the cake (spread gently so as not to flatten the cake) and sprinkle white sesame on the surface of the cake.
- Place the cake back in the air fryer. After about 10 minutes, when the surface of the cake is golden, it should be covered with a layer of foil to prevent the cake from burning. Bake for another 10 minutes, then turn the cake upside down to bake the underside until evenly browned. The total baking time is about 20 minutes.
How To Make Burger
How to make a frozen turkey burger with an oil-free fryer is quite simple with the filling. In particular, the specific implementation steps include:
- Step 1: Chop the turkey or use a blender or meat grinder to puree the turkey.
- Step 2: Finely chop the onion, and mince the garlic.
- Step 3: Mix turkey, onion, garlic, and spices together and marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Step 4: Shape the turkey into bite-sized pieces in an oval shape with a thickness of about 2 cm.
- Step 5: Heat the air fryer
- Step 6: You put the turkey into small pieces in an oil-free fryer and fry for about 20 minutes.
Cook Frozen Turkey Burger In Air Fryer Tips
- When frying turkey in an air fryer, you should only fry it for 20 minutes. Adjust the time accordingly so that the turkey filling is cooked, creating a crisp outside without burning.
- It would help if you did not squeeze too thick but only 2cm wide pieces when molding meat. Because if the meat is too thick, it will take a long time to cook.
- To prevent the cake from burning, wrap a layer of foil before baking.
- Do not leave the dough too long to make the cake smell like yeast. The maximum incubation time is 1-1.5 hours.
To have a delicious Hamburger, after making it, you also have to remember how the cake is presented. Specifically:
- The crust we made first we cut in half
- Next, you put a layer of mayonnaise on the cake
- Then you put the prepared vegetables, cucumbers, and tomatoes on top
- Next, you put the grilled turkey in the air fryer
- And on top of the turkey, you add cheese, chili sauce, and ketchup
You should not put vegetables on top of the turkey when serving hamburgers. Because this layout will make the turkey lose its crispy taste, it will no longer be delicious.
With some sharing information on making a frozen turkey burger in air fryer, we hope to help you make your favorite dish. In addition, with an air fryer, you can also prepare many other favorite dishes. Let’s find out in the following articles!