Air Fryer Salmon with Asparagus combines the succulent flavors of salmon fillets with the natural goodness of tender asparagus, all cooked to perfection in your air fryer. It’s a hassle-free recipe that promises a restaurant-quality meal in the comfort of your own home.
The air fryer works its magic, ensuring the salmon fillets come out with a delectably crispy exterior and a moist, flaky interior. Paired alongside the vibrant green asparagus, lightly charred to enhance its earthy flavors, this combination offers a symphony of taste and textures on every plate.
Not only does this dish impress your taste buds, but it’s also a nutritional one. Salmon boasts an array of health benefits, including heart-boosting omega-3s and essential nutrients like protein and vitamin D. Asparagus, a nutrient-dense vegetable, contributes fiber, folate, and vitamins A, C, and K, making this meal a wholesome choice for the health-conscious.
The ease of preparation is what makes this dinner truly shine. With just a few simple steps, you’ll have a restaurant-worthy meal on your table in no time.
Air Fryer Salmon and Asparagus
- 2 salmon fillets (about 6-8 ounces each), skin-on
- 1 bunch of asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh dill or parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the air fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for about 5 minutes.
- Prepare the asparagus: Wash the asparagus thoroughly and trim off the woody ends. You can snap the asparagus spears where they naturally break or cut off about an inch from the bottom.
- Marinate the salmon: Pat dry the salmon fillets with paper towels. Rub both sides of the salmon fillets with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Let them marinate for about 10-15 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Cook the salmon and asparagus: Place the marinated salmon fillets and asparagus in the air fryer basket. Arrange them in a single layer to ensure even cooking.
- Air fry the salmon and asparagus: Cook the salmon and asparagus in the preheated air fryer for about 8-10 minutes, flipping the asparagus halfway through. The cooking time may vary based on the thickness of the salmon fillets and the desired doneness. Salmon is cooked when it easily flakes with a fork, and the asparagus should be tender and slightly charred.
- Add lemon slices: During the last few minutes of cooking, place the lemon slices on top of the salmon and asparagus in the air fryer to infuse them with grilled lemon flavor.
- Serve: Remove the cooked salmon, asparagus, and lemon slices from the air fryer. Arrange the grilled salmon fillets on a plate, along with the grilled asparagus. Squeeze the grilled lemon slices over the salmon and asparagus for extra flavor. Garnish with fresh dill or parsley if desired.
Your Air Fryer Salmon with Asparagus is now ready to be served! It’s a healthy and delicious meal that you can enjoy for lunch or dinner. Serve it with some rice, quinoa, or a side salad for a complete and satisfying meal.
How long to cook salmon and asparagus in the air fryer?
The cooking time for salmon and asparagus in an air fryer can vary based on the thickness of the salmon fillets and the desired level of doneness. In general, I cook at 375°F (190°C) for approximately 8-10 minutes. It’s a good idea to keep an eye on the cooking process, especially the first time you try this recipe.
You can use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the salmon. Salmon is safe to eat when it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C). Overcooking salmon can lead to dryness, so it’s best to cook it just until it’s done to preserve its juicy texture.
Air Fryer Salmon with Asparagus is a powerhouse of nutrition, flavor, and convenience. Its health benefits, ranging from heart health to brain function, make it a top choice for a satisfying and nourishing dinner that the whole family can enjoy.