Preheating a PowerXL air fryer is an important step in the cooking process as it ensures consistent cooking, reduces cooking time, and enhances the flavors of your food. This allows for the best cooking result, your dish will be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, and you can enjoy your meal faster.
In this article, I will guide you on “how to preheat PowerXL air fryer” step by step – simple and easy to remember. I’ve done this hundreds of times over the years and I’m always satisfied with the dishes cooked after the preheated, and you’ll be next.
Does the PowerXL air fryer need to preheat?
No, the PowerXL appliance does not require preheating before use. Preheating is optional
In the User’s Manual of the PowerXL manufacturer, they give us the following advice:
Preheating is needed when you are cooking from a cold start. Add 3 minutes to the cooking time to compensate when preheating is necessary.
Preheating helps to ensure that the air fryer reaches the desired cooking temperature and helps to achieve optimal cooking results. It is recommended that you preheat a Power XL air fryer for 3-5 minutes before adding the food and starting the cooking process. The preheating time and temperature may vary depending on the dish you will be cooking.
How to preheat a PowerXL air fryer?
Before we start let’s get acquainted with the control panel of the PowerXL appliance. Currently, I am using model Maxx 7 QT. However, you can still use this preheating method for all PowerXL Classic and PowerXL Vortex air fryer models.
- Power Button: After placing the Basket and Fry Tray in the Main Unit Housing, the Control Panel will light up. Press the Power Button once for the default cooking temperature of 370°F/188°C and 15 minutes. Press it again to start cooking. During the cycle, pressing the Power Button turns the appliance off.
- M Button: Press the M Button to cycle through the cooking presets.
- Timer Control Buttons: Use the + and – symbols to adjust the cooking time by 1-minute increments. Press and hold the button for rapid time adjustments. The time control range is 0 to 60 minutes.
- Temperature Control Buttons: Use the + and – symbols to adjust the cooking temperature by 10°F increments. Press and hold a button to quickly change the temperature. The temperature control range is 180°F/82°C to 400°F/204°C.
- Cooking Presets: Press the M button to switch between pre-programmed cooking modes.
- Time and Temperature Display: This display will keep track of the temperature and remaining cook time.
Now that you know the function of each button on this air fryer’s style panel, let’s start the preheating process!
6 Simple steps to preheat a Power XL air fryer:
- Place the PowerXL on a stable, horizontal, level surface and connect it to a power source.
- Check the air fryer basket to remove everything inside, make sure it’s clean and dry. Then put the basket back.
- Press the Power button once, the air fryer will display the default cooking temperature of 370°F/188°C and time of 15 minutes.
- Press the Temperature Increase or Decrease Buttons to set the preheating temperature
- Press the Decrease button (-) in Timer Control to reduce the time to 3 minutes.
- Press the Power button again to start the preheating process.
- Once the preheating time is complete, carefully pull the Basket out of the air fryer and place the ingredients inside.
- The preheating temperature and time will depend on the recipe or food you plan to cook. Consult your recipe or food package for recommended preheating times and temperatures.
How to use PowerXL Air Fryer?
You can follow these steps to use it:
- Place your air fryer on a flat, heat-resistant surface and make sure it’s properly plugged in.
- Preheat the air fryer.
- While the air fryer is preheating, prepare the food you want to cook.
- Once the air fryer is preheated, open the basket and place the food inside the frying basket. Then, close the basket.
- Set the desired cooking temperature and time using the control panel or buttons.
- Check on the food periodically during the cooking process to ensure it is cooking evenly. You may shake the basket or flip the food if needed.
- When the timer beeps five times, pull the Basket out of the air fryer and place it on a heat-resistant surface. Let it cool slightly before serving.
- Serve your deliciously crispy and healthier fried food.
- Make sure not to overcrowd the basket to allow proper air circulation.
- Refer to the recipe or cooking guidelines for specific temperature and time recommendations.
- It’s always a good practice to double-check the food for doneness before removing it from the air fryer.
- If needed, you can adjust the cooking time or temperature during the cooking process.
- Carefully remove the frying basket using oven mitts or tongs. Be cautious as the basket and food inside will be hot.
- Do not turn the Basket upside down because any excess oil that has collected on the bottom of the basket will leak onto the ingredients.
Cleaning and Maintenance
After your air fryer has cooled down, clean the removable parts according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Wipe the interior and exterior of your PowerXL with a damp cloth or sponge. Ensure that all components are completely dry before storage.